DECEMBER’S RECIPE – ROASTED RACK OF LAMB WITH ROSEMARY AND JUNIPER
If you’d like to wow guests at your holiday event, you should prepare our recipe of the month, roast rack of lamb with rosemary and juniper. Once you and your guests dig into this dish, you’ll find that the juniper berries are the perfect accent to lamb and rosemary.
Although this lamb is incredible on its own, it can be served with a red wine demi sauce, lingonberry preserves you can find at IKEA, or a fruit chutney.
6 large garlic cloves, minced
1 Tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
8 juniper berries, crushed
¼ cup virgin olive oil
Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
2 Lamb racks – around 12-14 oz. each (full rack includes 7-8 chops)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Mix garlic, rosemary and juniper berries with olive oil to make an herb paste.
3. Rub paste over all meat surfaces of the lamb rack, excluding the exposed rib bones.
4. Season generously with salt and pepper.
5. Place racks on a flat baking pan or dish and place in middle of oven.
6. Cook at 450 degrees for approximately 10 – 15 minutes for medium rare.
7. Remove lamb from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before carving chops.
*Option: These chops are great on their own, but can be served with a red wine demi sauce, lingonberry preserves (found at IKEA) or a fruit chutney if desired.