DECEMBER’S DESSERT – GINGERSNAP COOKIE DOUGH
If you’re searching for a ginger cookie recipe that melts in your mouth, you can’t go wrong with gingersnap cookie dough. After you try this dessert with your loved ones, making gingersnap cookie dough is bound to turn into a holiday family tradition.
1 3/4 cups (packed lightly) dark brown sugar
12oz. (3 sticks) unsalted butter
2 Tbs orange juice
2 oj zests
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tbs ground ginger
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
½ tsp white pepper
¼ tsp clove
1. In a mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar, mixing well with a spatula until light and creamy.
2. Add egg, orange juice and zest; mix to combine.
3. Separately, combine dry ingredients and whisk slightly to blend.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet and fold to combine well. Wrap dough in plastic wrap, shaping it into a disc about 1″ thick. Place in refrigerator to rest and chill for at least 1 hour.
5. Roll dough on lightly floured surface until 1/8″ thick. Cut with 2″ round cutter (or the top of a drinking glass). Place rounds on a lined baking sheet, 1″ apart on all sides.
6. Bake in pre-heated 350° oven for 12-15 minutes, until evenly browned.