Laurel Hill Cemetery
We continue to celebrate our history in new and creative ways, while developing new programming and reinvigorating our commitment to the communities we serve.
As two of America’s most historic garden cemeteries and a premier funeral home, we help people grieve and honor the departed, while offering a serene, welcoming space for all to enjoy natural and sculpted beauty, learn shared civic history, celebrate milestones, engage in dialogue, and create connections.
By 1836, cities along the eastern seaboard were expanding rapidly. As the nation’s living populace grew, so too did its dead. Burial grounds were often paved over or removed to clear land for roads and buildings. Laurel Hill East Cemetery, founded in 1836, offered families an alternative for burial, reflecting changing attitudes towards death. America’s rural cemetery movement was born, with Laurel Hill at its forefront.
Laurel Hill East, founded in 1836, and Laurel Hill West in 1869 respectively, offered families at the time an alternative for burial — reflecting changing attitudes towards death.
We’re unique — visit and see why! We have beautiful, historic facilities to hold custom memorial services and receptions to celebrate your loved ones, in addition to numerous spaces for private events such as weddings, reunions, birthdays, fundraisers, and more.
Our cemeteries offer unique settings to host gatherings such as private parties, reunions, as well as weddings for those looking for venues rich in history, art & architecture, and beautiful horticulture. A wonderful, unconventional event space option.
Our cemeteries provide the perfect setting for celebrations, receptions, cocktail hours, corporate events, staff retreats, birthday parties, family reunions, and more.
We offer three indoor spaces to rent at Laurel Hill West and a small indoor area to rent at Laurel Hill East. We also offer outdoor options on our grounds at both cemeteries.
LAUREL HILL WEST FACILITIES
- The Conservatory Greenhouse is a spacious and sun-filled setting that can seat up to 110 guests. the use of our cocktail room and outside partial covered porch are also available, which can accommodate up to 100 guests.
- For a more intimate gathering, the Atrium inside of Laurel Hill Funeral Home, seats up to 40 guests.
- For those looking for a more traditional space to marry, our Chapel of Peace offers a stunning and historic location to say “I do!” We also allow outdoor events and cocktail receptions in the garden areas of the Chapel of Peace.
LAUREL HILL EAST FACILITIES
- At Laurel Hill East, we do not have indoor space for a rental, however, if you’re interested in utilizing a canopy event tent, please specify in your inquiry.
- With over 265 acres combined between our two locations, there are numerous options for an outdoor ceremony or gathering event.